
So. The other day we went to Chuck-e-cheese. I know what you are thinking. "Luckyyyyy! I am so jealous because that place is so. much. Fun! and where else can you go and spend $50 dollars on cheap crap and crappy pizza?" But, enough about our good fortune in going and on to the story...
There I was sitting with the baby while Auntie and James watched after all the little darlings as they played their games and got their tickets. Every so often someone would come over to check on me (or maybe it is because I was sitting near the pizza and rationing tokens). At one point Luke came up to get more tokens and mentioned that he had made a new friend. Then Kristin came over and mentioned that Luke had made a new friend and they got along famously. I kinda did the mom thing and thought, "Well, of course Luke made a friend. Who wouldn't want to be friends with Luke? He is so social and everybody likes Luke." So, then I watched from across the room as Luke and his friend went on ride after ride and played game after game...together. Kristin and I were sitting there when the new BFF's ran over to a ride that was right next to our table. The boys jumped on, smiled at eachother and Luke's new friend held out his hand and Luke handed over a token. Oh. Things became clear in that moment. I realized this was a learning experience that parents everywhere could benefit from...
If you are stuck in the house with bored, friendless, children...just do what I did. Take them to Chuck-e-cheese. Fill their pockets with shiny gold tokens. They will make friends in no time.


3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That is so funny!! I was totally thinking how fun to have a new friend!! But, even at 5 or 6 kids know how to get what they want!!
Ohhh! But he is such a cute kid - I am sure they would be friends anyway.
but you can buy friends! You can buy me anytime!
Post a Comment